The role of the Generic Support Worker is to not only to support the Senior Support Workers in the day to day running of the services, but to be creative in what we can, as a service deliver.
• To develop and support a wide range of interesting and socially inclusive activities for people using the Service.
• Implement the Policies and Procedures of the Department and of the individual Services/Teams.
• Ensure good communications within the whole LD service so that the service to individuals is coordinated and safe.
• Participate in all appropriate internal/external training as identified through the supervision and appraisal system and utilise the skills and knowledge gained to improve services to individuals.
The benefits you will experience are…
• An inclusive and social working environment.
• Internal sports and social club opportunities.
• Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
• Access to childcare vouchers.
You will also be a role model and demonstrate the Council’s values and beliefs. Receptive to new ideas and able to accept changes you will be motivated and able to use initiative.
Want to ask us a question?
Provider Services Manager
Phone Number - 01344 353333
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please apply online (see below).
It is important that you read the Application Pack before you apply for this job. It contains information that you will need to refer to when applying. Not referring to this information is likely to reduce your chances of success.
Bracknell Forest Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff employed by the Council in contact with children and adults at risk must be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken. We take up references for all shortlisted candidates and, wherever possible, apply for these prior to interview.