We found Joe a new home. Now he's taking steps towards a brighter future.
We want to help our most vulnerable residents to get their lives firmly on track and change lives for the better. Acting as a specialist resource as part of a dedicated team piloting a Housing Led model. You will have a small caseload of clients and a dedicated budget to use to deliver achievable outcomes for individuals who are rough sleeping or at risk of rough sleeping.
Because we're Bracknell Forest
What it's like working in our team:
We are all excited about this new initiative that we have been awarded funding for, that will target rough sleepers for housing solutions and cement our existing partnerships across the borough to make a real difference to those with the most extreme housing need. As a Mental Health Practitioner (Homeless Outreach) you will work within three services within the Council - the Welfare and Housing Service, Community Mental Health Team, and Drugs and Alcohol Team. You will be working with colleagues who all share the same values and are working towards the same goal.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training:
- To conduct comprehensive assessments of individuals substance misuse, mental health and offending support needs.
- To complete effective risk management/safety plans to manage an individual's risk to self and others and to refer to safeguarding when assessing and managing the risks.
- To manage a small caseload and complete recovery-focused, holistic care plans with individuals that address their substance misuse, mental health and criminogenic support needs, in addition to other holistic support needs.
- To deliver a range of specialist substance misuse, mental health and reducing offending interventions to service users. We will support you to undertake relevant training for your role.
- To maintain and develop relationships with professionals external to the area of the service, service users within the area of service/specialism.
The benefits you will experience are:
- A 12 month fixed term contract with flexible hours available up to a maximum of 37 hours per week
- Training opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge in dealing with individuals with a history of substance misuse
- For current NHS employees we are able to offer this post as an NHS employee
- For internal candidates this post is available as a 12 month secondment
- Internal sports and social club opportunities
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership
- Supermarket discount
What we're looking for:
The role requires a dynamic and creative approach to individuals care and who can work collaboratively with service users and staff. You will have experience of the Care Programme Approach and its delivery to service users, supporting individuals to identify personal goals and support them in their recovery, facilitating groups and service user involvement. This role is integrated within the housing led project and empowering service users to get off the streets and integrate within the community. This is a full-time role however we are willing to offer part-time hours for the right candidate.
Interviews will be held on 27th August 2019
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Ellie Eghtedar, Head of Welfare and Housing Resources on 01344 351590 or Nicky Jolly, Welfare and Housing Project Officer on 01344 351307.
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please apply online (see below).
It is important that you read the Application Pack before you apply for this job. It contains information that you will need to refer to when applying. Not referring to this information is likely to reduce your chances of success.
Bracknell Forest Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff employed by the Council in contact with children and adults at risk must be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken. We take up references for all shortlisted candidates and, wherever possible, apply for these prior to interview.