See and feel the impact you make. Be supported to own and take action.
Each day brings new challenges and we have to react to the demands of vulnerable clients and help them to maximise their income and independence, with a strong emphasis on preventing homelessness and problem solving. These are just some of the things you will be supporting us to do when you join us. You are going to have a big impact on what we do, so you’ll be trusted to take ownership of your work and change lives for the better.
To deliver better today. And to create a better tomorrow
Because we are Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
The Welfare and Housing Service is a very busy team who works hard to provide an extensive and responsive service to clients who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. As a Welfare and Housing Caseworker you will deliver a holistic service to clients and by working closely together with colleagues to achieve the right results. You will be involved in varied and challenging work daily and no two days are the same.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To undertake assessments of homeless applications, housing register applications, housing and council tax benefit applications and crisis grants and home emergency grant applications and discretionary housing payments
- To establish the welfare and housing options available for the customer in terms of advice on benefits that the customer is eligible for, advice on the impact of taking employment on existing benefit entitlement, advice on prospects for securing affordable housing in line with the Council’s allocation policy, the customers ability to secure private rented housing and low cost home ownership
- To work with customers to solve their problems in relation to their income and housing situation
- To liaise with services within the Council, external agencies and customers’ employers so as to assess applications
- To maintain contact with customers as necessary
The benefits you will experience are…
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
We are looking to recruit two experienced officers with expertise in housing options and homelessness prevention. You will provide detailed and tailored housing advice to customers facing homelessness. You should have excellent communication skills, a strong customer focus and have the ability to work with customers with complex needs.
Interviews will be held on 27th July 2020
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Name: Mrs Koye Edrah
Job Title: Housing Options Manager
Phone Number: 01344 351336
Name: Michele Keegel
Job Title: Welfare and Housing Team Leader
Phone Number: 01344 351355
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.