We help our children and young people to be able to fulfil their potential in life. We will help you to be at your best so that we can be at ours.
You will be given the time you need to support Children and young people – where we are known for our high standards.
You will be able to manage an allocated caseload of children and young people with special educational needs, in relation to the Education, Health and Care planning process, in a timely and compliant way.
Along the way, you will have the support and training you need to thrive.
We do what we think should be done, not just what needs to be done.
Because we are Bracknell Forest
What it’s like working in our team…
The service consists of a multi-disciplinary team that works with children, young people, schools, colleges, businesses, universities, social workers and foster carers to support young people through school and onto either further education, employment or training.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Work with the Service Lead for SEN and Inclusion to support and challenge both our schools and partners to secure the best possible educational outcomes for children and young people particularly those with SEND.
- Be a key point of contact for service users.
- Play a role in redesigning the local landscape of processes and services in partnership with schools.
- Develop our systems for ensuring Education, Health and Care Plans are robust and appropriate for each individual child/young person.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
To be considered for this role, you must have SEN experience, with time spent in a casework officer capacity. It is essential that you have delivered to key stakeholders, working to set deadlines, using your knowledge of the Children and Families Act, and SEN Code of Practice.
Interviews will be held on 10th June 2020.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name: Shirlie Graham / Lynda Jayne Price
General enquiries please contact SEN General enquiries on 01344 354039
Quoting SEND Officer
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.