Help us deliver great support to our Assistant Directors. Get great prospects for your future.
We’re always looking for better ways of doing things. How can we make the most of our resources? Get vulnerable people back on their feet more quickly? Create new spaces our residents want to spend time in? These are just some of the things you could be looking at when you join us. You’re going to have a big impact on what we do, so you’ll be trusted to take ownership of your work. You’ll have time to immerse yourself in the community. To deliver better today. And to create a better tomorrow.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest!
What it’s like working in our team…
The People Directorate encompasses Children’s Social Care, Adult Social Care, Education & Learning, Commissioning, Early Help & Communities, Mental Health and Public Health. What we do matters. Residents of all ages depend on the services we provide. You will work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, but one which is equally very rewarding.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To provide proactive support to Assistant Directors, including some secretarial and high-level administrative duties, screening telephone calls, answering ad hoc queries and requests.
- To be responsible for diary management to include; making arrangements for meetings, workshops and other events as required (including travel / accommodation arrangements).
- Collate the timely preparation and circulation of agendas, minutes and papers, taking minutes of meetings and following up action points.
- Assisting with the preparation of reports and presentations including background research if necessary using online tools or background research with other Councils.
- Producing confidential documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations etc.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for applicants who are able to provide excellent 1:1 support to the Assistant Director, primarily virtually due to the current working directives from central Government but in the future hopefully being able to work in the office as required. It is essential that you have good communication skills and the ability to work in a confidential environment. A professional, flexible attitude to working at all times with a “can-do” approach and the ability to work on your own.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 8 July and Friday 10 July.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Name: Joanna Hollis
Job Title: PA to Executive Director
Phone Number: 01344 354183
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please apply online (see below).
Please read the Application Pack before you apply for this job. It contains information that you will need to refer to when applying. Not referring to this information is likely to reduce your chances of success.