We want managers to have the data they require - when they want it to enable them to make the right decisions.
We’re always looking for better ways of doing things. How can we make the most of our resources? Engage our workforce more effectively? These are just some of the areas you could be driving forward when you join us.
Forward looking and aspirational team responsible for improving data quality right across the department through information analysis. As part of the Business Intelligence team you will be producing these data and information feeds; it’s a time to be creative.
Great opportunities to go above and beyond.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
This is an exciting time to join us as the recent merger of housing, adults and children’s social services into the new People directorate has seen the Business Intelligence teams for each department come together as one. We are keen to share knowledge and skills within the team so that, in time, everyone will have established a solid understanding of all areas of the business.
Sometimes the work is demanding however there is also some time for finding creative solutions and we believe in a positive work-life balance.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Undertake investigation of data; carry out statistical analysis and make recommendations on data quality and performance issues across the directorate.
- Engage with internal and external customers to understand their business requirements and deliver solutions that meet their data and analysis needs.
- Be a key player in preparing and submitting statutory returns to central government and other agencies.
- To develop tools, dashboards and systems to support data extraction, integration and analysis.
- To identify and develop innovative solutions to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and automation of reporting processes.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
- Access to childcare vouchers.
What we’re looking for…
Someone with a passion for data, preferably from a social care or housing environment. You are a great communicator with a strong ability to prioritise and organise work effectively and able to deal with unrestricted demand. You are highly numerate with excellent ICT literacy and willing to challenge colleagues when it comes to the integrity of data.
Interviews will be held on 25th – 30th September
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
To 4th September
Elizabeth McClelland, Deputy Head of Business Intelligence, 01344 351597
From 5th September
Helen Wilkinson, Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, 01344 351762
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please apply online (see below).
Please read the Application Pack before you apply for this job. It contains information that you will need to refer to when applying. Not referring to this information is likely to reduce your chances of success.
No agencies, please.