Help us deliver a great experience to our customers. And you will experience a great place to work.
The Look Out Discovery Centre is a very popular visitor attraction with a hands-on science and discovery exhibition, gift shop, coffee shop and play area, set in 1,000 hectares of Crown Estate woodlands. The Look Out Discovery Centre opens 7 days a week. Our aim is to make sure that our visitors have a safe, relaxing and enjoyable experience at all times, and the successful applicant will play a key role in achieving this.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest
What it’s like working in our team…
We care about our visitors and want to provide great customer service. Our Cleaning team plays a key role in helping to ensure our customers enjoy their day out to The Look Out Discovery Centre. We enjoy interacting with our varied customer base, making their visit fun and enjoyable as well as clean and safe.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
• To be responsible for the cleaning of The Look Out Discovery Centre and surrounding area, maintaining a high-quality image
• To ensure a high standard of cleanliness and promote a quality service to the public
• To promote an excellent image of the centre and its staff at all times
• To work effectively as a member of a team
• To ensure that the centre, car park, play and picnic areas are clean and free from litter
The benefits you will experience are…
• Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
• An inclusive and social working environment.
• Internal sports and social club opportunities.
• The opportunity to engage with a variety of customers and deliver great customer care.
• To work on the door step of the picturesque Swinley forest.
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable person, you will have an important role in keeping up the high standards of cleanliness in the centre, also ensuring the car park and play areas are litter free. As part of your role you will get to interact with children and families to help ensure all of our visitors have an exceptional experience.
This person would have a strong focus on customer service and the ability to deal with customers of all ages and backgrounds and to ensure that they have the best experience possible.
Interviews will be held on week commencing 26th August.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please apply online (see below).
Please read the Application Pack before you apply for this job. It contains information that you will need to refer to when applying. Not referring to this information is likely to reduce your chances of success.
The Look Out Discovery Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff working with children/young people will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Find out more about The Look Out Discovery Centre
See what our staff say about working for Bracknell Forest Council.