More than a town centre; more than a marketing role.
Our residents wanted a new town centre - we gave them a £240m social, cultural, leisure and retail heart instead. We don’t do things by halves, we go that extra mile and The Lexicon in Bracknell town centre is proof of that. We’re now looking for someone to pour their passion in to helping our town centre tick through exciting events, marketing and day-to-day management. Our regeneration story isn’t finished, could you be part of our next chapter? In return you’ll get to work alongside an award-winning team who have everything invested in making Bracknell town centre one of the best town centre’s in the country.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest!
What it’s like working in our team…
You’ll get to work alongside the council’s regeneration team, communications team and marketing specialists at The Lexicon. There’s never a dull moment – whether it’s dealing with customer queries on Christmas markets, promoting ROARsome summer holiday dinosaur adventures, or increasing the commercialisation opportunities, you’ll be kept busy. This is a new role, so fresh ideas and excitement about how we provide and promote more community activities and events will be welcomed.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Identify, source, deliver and promote a range of cultural and community events and entertainment to support Bracknell town centre’s continued regeneration.
- Work collaboratively with The Lexicon marketing team to enhance and complement their events programme.
- Work on town centre commercialisation projects.
- Help with public safety arrangements, operational activities and associated town centre management functions.
- Be the first port of call for members of the public in terms of dealing with routine town centre enquiries.
Please note, occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
The benefits you will experience are…
• Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
• An inclusive and social working environment.
• Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
• A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
• Internal sports and social club opportunities.
• Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
• Supermarket discount.
• An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
• Access to childcare vouchers.
What we’re looking for…
We’re looking for someone who has a passion for making our town’s cultural heart tick; someone who enjoys working with others and is always thinking about how to make the next event even bigger and better. Someone who brings fresh ideas, enthusiasm and a can-do attitude.
Interviews will be held on Thursday, 12 September 2019
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Head of Communications and Marketing
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Please apply online (see below).
Please read the Application Pack before you apply for this job. It contains information that you will need to refer to when applying. Not referring to this information is likely to reduce your chances of success.
No agencies, please.