An exciting and rewarding opportunity has arisen to support the delivery of drug and alcohol services in Bracknell Forest.
This role is pivotal in supporting people to engage with treatment services and recover from their drug and alcohol issues. It will also support the reduction of drug and alcohol related offending and drug and alcohol related harm.
We want to help our most vulnerable residents to get their lives firmly on track. It’s why this post will shape the way that the service supports people to reduce their levels of offending, engage with services and re-integrate into the community.
We’re working towards success for our clients. And we do what we think should be done, not just what needs to be done. Put simply, we change lives for the better.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
The team at New Hope is not large but is made up of people with a passion to support people to achieve the outcomes that they want. As a Team Leader you will help to shape the services and support the staff. Working with people with multiple and complex needs can be both challenging and rewarding and you will need to be able to think on your feet.
Developing close working realtinships with other departments, teams and agencies will be a priority.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- You will need experience of managing staff, setting targets and managing performance.
- In order to manage staff and deliver interventions you will need a working knowledge of complex needs including mental health issues, domestic violence, homelessness, sex working, Criminal Justice.
- You will deliver substance misuse interventions both office based and out in the wider community and support staff in respect of lone working.
- You will need to be in a position to develop strong working relationship with other teams across the council and external agencies to improve outcomes for people who use the service.
- You will represent the team at multi-agency meetings and promote the service where posible.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
What we're looking for...
The ideal candidate will have experience of working within substance misuse service, managing staff and have knowledge and understanding of the impact of drug related offending. They will be in a position to develop working relationships with partner agencies.
Interviews will be held on 30th June 2021.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name - Jillian Hunt
Job Title - Head of Drug & Alcohol Services
Phone Number - 01344 312360
Name - Andy Millar
Job Title - DAAT Team Leader
Phone number - 01344 312360
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.