Standards and Effectiveness Partner (STEPs) to work in primary and/or secondary schools to support school improvement.
Required for September 2019.
Do you love a challenge and want to make a difference for children and the schools they attend? Bracknell Forest is on a school improvement journey and we want to appoint two outstanding and experienced school improvement professionals as School Effectiveness Partners to work as active members of our school improvement team.
Your work will be central to developing and sustaining improvement in our schools through:
- Influencing policy and practice through working in partnership with headteachers, governors, other professionals and agencies to support our objectives and ambitions as set out in our strategic plan for children and young people;
- Undertaking the role of designated School Effectiveness Partner with a number of Bracknell Forest primary and secondary schools;
- Contributing to a programme of professional development for school-based staff;
- Supporting the marketing and delivery of our school improvement Service Level Agreement with Bracknell Forest
To fulfil this role successfully, you will need:
- A good understanding of how to bring about school improvement and build capacity
- Experience of leading professionals in developing and managing change
- Experience in the role of headship or substantive senior leadership post in a school
- Good understanding of the Ofsted Framework
- Secure knowledge of recent curriculum development initiatives and assessment procedures
- Good communication skills and the ability to influence change
- Area of expertise with any of the following would be beneficial EYFS, pupil premium, curriculum design and assessment
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.