Your support and plans will shape how our clients will live their life in the community, and will also help them recover from any mental illness.
Bracknell Forest is at the forefront of developing and delivering innovative services to members of the community at risk. What drives our highly regarded work is the underlying belief that every person matters, that every person deserves the highest possible levels of care and support, and that people deserve the opportunity to make choices that suit their individual needs. You’ll have time to immerse yourself in the community. To deliver better today, and to create a better tomorrow.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
- We are a small team who works closely together to make sure we are providing the best person-centred support to our clients. Sometimes the work is challenging however there is also time for finding creative solutions and every day is different.
- You will be based in Church Hill House, Bracknell; however will also spend a lot of time working out in the community.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To help people identify and build on their strengths, interests and abilities, and to work toward their desired outcomes and aspirations.
- Connecting people to community-based resources that help them remain socially connected, better understand their mental health, solve problems, and develop their confidence and life skills.
- Providing information, advice, signposting, and practical support to introduce them to groups, activities and resources.
- Encouraging and empowering people to self-manage their mental health and develop personal techniques to manage future challenges and increase their resilience.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for an enthusiastic, confident and reliable person who is passionate about working with the community and providing a bespoke service to service users. You will have the ability to engage, inspire, encourage and empower others. The appointed candidate will have an understanding of working with a diverse group of people, and be committed to providing a strengths based approach.
The interview date is to be confirmed.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name – Daire Toova
Job Title – Senior Recovery Facilitator
Phone Number – 07768 488357 or email – Network@berkshire.nhs.uk
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please apply online (see below).
It is important that you read the Application Pack before you apply for this job. It contains information that you will need to refer to when applying. Not referring to this information is likely to reduce your chances of success.
Bracknell Forest Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff employed by the Council in contact with children and adults at risk must be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken. We take up references for all shortlisted candidates and, wherever possible, apply for these prior to interview.