We found Sam a foster family. Now he’s finding his feet.
We want to help our most vulnerable residents to get their lives firmly on track. It’s why our social workers have the time to get to know everyone they work with. We’re working towards protected caseloads. And we do what we think should be done, not just what needs to be done. Put simply, we change lives for the better.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest
What it’s like working in our team…
The Family Placement Team is a small but very supportive team. The work we do can be challenging and we understand the importance of peer support and advice.
We work closely together and alongside the children’s social workers to ensure that we are providing the best support to our vulnerable children.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
To supervise, support and challenge Bracknell Forest Foster Carers to ensure that our vulnerable children are cared for to a high standard and by people who are focussed on achieving positive outcomes.
- To support the recruitment and assessment process of Foster Carers to enable more of our vulnerable children to be placed in local placements, near to their family and friends.
- To work the child’s social worker to achieve permanence for the children, whether this be through long term fostering or special guardianship
The benefits you will experience are…
- A comprehensive induction and excellent ongoing training programme.
- Range of benefit choices including buying & selling annual leave, shopping vouchers and reduced gym membership.
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
We are seeking an experienced HCPC registered social worker with good assessment and analytical skills, and experience in completing Form F, Special Guardianship and Connected Person assessments. You will have a sound knowledge of relevant child care legislation, good report writing and oral communication skills and the ability to work to court and Fostering Panel timescales. You will be able to work well with professionals and have the drive to provide a quality service for children, young people and their families.
Interviews will be confirmed at a later date
Please note that this is a 12 month fixed term contract for maternity cover.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Head of Service for Looked After Children
Assistant Team Manager
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please apply online (see below).
It is important that you read the Application Pack before you apply for this job. It contains information that you will need to refer to when applying. Not referring to this information is likely to reduce your chances of success.
Bracknell Forest Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff employed by the Council in contact with children and adults at risk must be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken. We take up references for all shortlisted candidates and, wherever possible, apply for these prior to interview.