We are developing a brighter future for our children, and we will help you develop great prospects for your career!
We are taking a lead role in redesigning the local landscape of services, ensuring sufficiency of specialist places, challenging and supporting providers to improve the quality of provision for children with SEN and vulnerable learners, and ensuring the graduated response is embedded in a way that continues to improve outcomes and places children and families at the heart of the process. We value our partnerships with schools and other stakeholders to secure the best possible outcomes for children and young people.
Because we're Beacknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
The service consists of a multi-disciplinary team that works with children, young people, schools, colleges, businesses, universities, social workers and foster carers to support young people through school and onto either further education, employment or training.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Work with the Head of Children’s Support Services to lead, support and challenge both our schools and partners to secure the best possible educational outcomes for children and young people particularly those with SEND.
- Be the initial point of contact for service users.
- Lead on redesigning the local landscape of services, resource and alternative provision in partnership with schools.
- Deliver and facilitate training to a range of professionals.
- Develop our systems and processes for ensuring Education, Health and Care Plans are robust and appropriate for each individual child/young person.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
- Access to childcare vouchers.
What we’re looking for…
You will have a track record in building and sustaining partnerships with educational providers and other agencies, particularly health, social care and the voluntary sector, to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and young people and provide value for money. We are looking for someone who has demonstrated effective leadership in a similar senior role within a local authority.
Interviews will be held on 23rd August 2019
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Head of Children’s Support Services
01344 35 3318
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please apply online (see below).
It is important that you read the Application Pack before you apply for this job. It contains information that you will need to refer to when applying. Not referring to this information is likely to reduce your chances of success.
Bracknell Forest Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff employed by the Council in contact with children and adults at risk must be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken. We take up references for all shortlisted candidates and, wherever possible, apply for these prior to interview.