There has never been a better time to join us here in Bracknell Forest. With our picturesque rural backdrop and vibrant new town centre complex, we are an employer that truly puts you at the heart and centre of our communities.
We care about the wellbeing of Berkshire residents. And our dedicated out of hours childcare provision helps us to protect some of our most vulnerable residents. We work with health colleagues, families and the police to assess, plan, and protect most vulnerable children and families. Our child care social workers take lead in multi-agency strategic discussions and implement statutory duties out of hours 365 days a year. It’s a challenging role. But you’ll have excellent support from your manager, and expert guidance on hand whenever you need it. You’ll also have the time to go above and beyond, along with the chance to express your ideas about how we can make our service even better.
What it’s like working in our team…
Over the last 12 months we have been working hard behind the scenes to ensure that our Childcare social workers have the best support, training and working conditions to perform at their very best. Alongside a range of significant benefits such as local government salary, generous annual leave package we also have a range of wider benefits such as annual buy back schemes, access to dental and travel plans, shopping vouchers and leisure membership; we pay attention to the health and wellbeing of our workforce.
Offering mindfulness training, meditation, advice and support on healthy living, we look after you so that you can support our residents and communities to achieve their goals and ambitions. That’s not all… we are developing a range of career development and management and leadership pathways so if you are keen and eager to progress your career, you have found the right place. We are also safely opening up our office accommodation to ensure that the much need physical working environment and peer to peer support is available for you as an when you need and choose it. If you would like to discuss this vacancy and the benefits of joining the team here at Bracknell Forest please contact the Assistant Team Manager Caroline Rowsell on 01344786512.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To be part of the Social Work Child Care rolling rota providing crisis social work intervention in partnership with safeguarding agencies 365 days a year.
- Explain clearly, and with sound rationale, highly complex safeguarding information to a wide range of professionals and to participate in multi-agency risk analysis to inform case management advising where necessary and challenging decisions where appropriate
- Ensure that the requirements of the Children Act 1989 and subsequent legislation and amendments are met and that children and young peoples' rights under the Act are upheld.
- To model effective engagement with a wide range of people in challenging situations, and support others to develop and maintain effective engagement, including in situations of hostility and risk.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for experienced childcare social workers who are passionate, IT literate, excellent team players with excellent assessment skills.
Interviews will be held on week commencing October 4th
Want to ask us a question?
Name Caroline Rowsell
Job Title Assistant Team Manager
Phone Number 01344 786512
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please apply online (see below).
It is important that you read the Application Pack before you apply for this job. It contains information that you will need to refer to when applying. Not referring to this information is likely to reduce your chances of success.
Bracknell Forest Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff employed by the Council in contact with children and adults at risk must be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken. We take up references for all shortlisted candidates and, wherever possible, apply for these prior to interview.