Are you looking to join a team, who are passionate about supporting the most vulnerable children in the early years?
Here at the Child Development Centre, we support our youngest children to develop and reach their potential.
Help us, help them start their Education and Learning journey.
The Early Years Team is dedicated to supporting children and families to live happier lives by giving them better opportunities. We embrace multi-disciplinary working and offer targeted support to give children the best start in life.
We are looking for someone with SEND Early years experiences who will share our commitment to making a difference.
Put simply, a career with us means having everything you need to build on your existing skills
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
We offer an inclusive services to meet the needs of the children and their families, every day is different.
We are a small supportive team where everyone’s opinion counts. We work together to create the best service for our families.
What our families say about us...
I just felt x always seemed to go over and beyond to try and help my daughter feel the comfortable in the setting which was her biggest challenge and continues to be.
You have made such an impression on XX, every day he asks if he can come and play with you. You definitely have a little fan for life there.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team within the CDC delivering a range of services and interventions to children, families and early years practitioners to support the development of children (aged 0-5 years) with SEND, some of whom may have complex needs and possibly life-limiting diagnoses.
- Manage a caseload of children and families, adjusting support in accordance with individual needs. Arranging/ facilitating Team around the Child (TaC) meetings, supporting requests for Inclusion Funding and Education, Health and Care plans (EHCPs) and signposting/referring to other services as appropriate.
- Offer specialist advice and knowledge to early years providers (face to face and virtually). Work alongside setting staff modelling effective strategies to aid smooth transition and ongoing effective inclusion of children with additional needs and that legislative requirements in relation to SEN are understood and implanted effectively.
The benefits you will experience are...
- A rewarding role delivering effective early intervention to support children ‘Get the best start in life’.
- Regular opportunities for professional development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for...
Forward thinking person determined to make a difference, promote inclusion whilst being respectful, adaptable and resilient.
You will have substantial experience of working with children aged 0-5 with SEND and knowledge of interventions and strategies to support their development.
You will work in partnership with parents and other professionals across a variety of organisations.
Interviews will be held w/c 18th October 2021.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name: Donna Campbell
Job Title: Early years SEND and Inclusion manager
Phone Number: 01344 354176
Name: Cherry Hall
Job Title: Head of Early Years
Phone Number: 01344 352811
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.