School Business Manager
Sandy Lane Primary School, Bracknell Forest
Salary: SCP37-42 £40,876 - £45,859
Hours: 37 per week, term time + 2 weeks
Part time/Job share can be considered for right candidate(s)
The Headteacher and Governors of Sandy Lane Primary School would like to appoint a self-motivated, dedicated and personable School Business Manager, who fits in with our school values and expectations, to start in September 2021. This is an exciting opportunity for an existing School Business Manager as the next step in their career OR an experienced School Business Manager OR for someone with extensive financial and management experience which lends itself to the role to join our team.
Sandy Lane Primary School has 500 children on roll and is reducing from a 3 form entry to a 2 form entry (Sept 2022) with a Special Resource Provision (Sept 2021).
We are a well-resourced school, situated in extensive grounds and close to Bracknell town centre.
The School Business Manager is the school’s leading support staff professional and will assist the Headteacher in their duty to ensure that the school meets its educational aims as well as managing the daily administration function of the school.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working in a business or education environment at a management level
- A strong financial/administrative background with proven track record of effective financial management
- Experience of managing finance, human resources, premises and support functions, (possibly within an educational setting)
- Proficient ICT skills
- Ability to build and maintain successful relationships with all stakeholders including our children and families
- Ability to be flexible to meet the needs of the school
- The ability to secure income through the identification of appropriate grants and successful bid writing
We can offer you:
- Friendly and supportive colleagues.
- A focus on well-being; time given to attend important events, work from home when appropriate, staff events
- A leadership team committed to continuous professional development for all staff.
- The challenge of managing the day to day business of a rapidly improving school including, HR, Health and Safety and the delivery of financial services.
- A job where no day is ever the same!
So, whether you are already a School Business Manager or you are currently working in finance/business and looking for your next challenge and the opportunity to work within a school setting, we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in finding out more about us or visiting the school, please contact the School office on email@example.com 01344423896
Closing date: Friday 18th June 2021 12 noon
Interview Date: w/c 21st June.
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.