Salary: £9.50 an hour
Reporting to: Site Manager/Assistant Site Manager
Hours: 15 hours per week; 3 hours per day, 5 days a week. Exact times to be negotiated but will need to be between 3.30pm and 8.30pm when the academy is open.
Main Purposes of the job
- To clean designated areas of the academy to the highest possible standards.
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
Duties and responsibilities
- To undertake the cleaning of designated areas of the academy and in the designated time. The designated areas to be cleaned will vary according to need and will be advised by the Site Manager/Assistant Site Manager as appropriate.
- To use cleaning materials as instructed by the appropriate person in charge.
- To operate cleaning machinery in cleaning soft and hard surfaces, e.g. vacuum cleaners and polishers/ buffers.
Please can we advise that annual leave is to be taken during periods of school closure except in exceptional circumstances.
Duties will include the following:
- Spot cleaning of spillages
- Wiping, polishing, dusting of designated areas
- Emptying and cleaning bins
- Cleaning toilets including sanitary fittings and surrounds
- Mopping and spray cleaning hard floor surfaces
- Straightening furniture and general tidying up of designated areas
- Replenishing supplies in toilets
- Checking and closing windows, switching off lights after work.
- Report all defects/hazards immediately to Assistant Site Supervisor
- During periods when the academy is closed, cleaning duties may vary throughout the school e.g. summer cleaning programme
- To work as part of a team and ensure all relevant tasks are completed in allotted time
- To undertake broadly similar duties commensurate with the level of the post as required by the appointed person and if time allows
- To adhere to all the agreed academy policies
- To actively participate in any appropriate training
King’s Academy Binfield (KAB) opened in a superb new building in September 2018 with 120 in Year 7 and will grow year on year to a roll of over 1800 students, aged 3-18. The primary phase is both at KAB and King’s Academy Oakwood (KAO), a primary school a mile away, which opened in September 2019.
KAB and KAO are part of the King’s Group Academies MAT led by a team of former and current Ofsted ‘outstanding’ head teachers and Her Majesty’s Inspectors (HMI). Please note link to King’s Group Academies Vision and Mission - https://kingsacademies.uk/about-us/vision-and-mission/
King’s Academy Binfield and King’s Academy Oakwood are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young students and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Completed application forms (not CVs) should be submitted to Amber Walker: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Amber Walker, King's Academy Binfield, St. George's Park , Binfield, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG42 4FS by midday on Thursday 5th August 2021.
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
To apply please download the application form directly below or from our own website: www.kgabinfield.uk, the TES website or by contacting Amber Walker, PA to the Executive Principal by email: email@example.com.
Completed application forms should be submitted to Amber Walker at the email address given above or by post to: King’s Academy Binfield, St George’s Park, Binfield, Bracknell RG42 4FS
Please note your employer will be Kings Academy not Bracknell Forest Council.